The weather this week in NYC has been confusing, to say the least. 65 and sunny on Wednesday, 22 and blizzarding on Thursday – how’s a girl supposed to know how to dress for this ?!
Luckily, I found a cure to the cold-weather blues… a trip to Paintbox in SoHo! Painbox is a high-end nail studio known for its chic + gorgeous nail designs. It distinguishes itself from other salons in more than one way… check it out!
- Flutes of champagne served to anyone who arrives to their appointment 15 minutes prior to the start
- A hard-bound book filled with dozens of nail designs. Not your typical plastic nail wheel + page of flowers + hearts for this place!
- Impeccable service – these professionals are incredibly talented with their craft. Not only are they personable, but they’re fantastic artists and I swear, my nails have never looks so well-groomed.
- There’s an endless flow of sparkling water, Prosecco, coffee and tea on hand – such a treat!
- My favorite part is the mani-cam. After your nails are fresh, flawless and dried, stick them under the mani-cam to capture the perfectly lit insta!
The combination of wonderful service, endless Prosecco and a flawless manicure that will last 2 weeks+ does not come without a price. Single color non-gel polish starts at $35, and a gel polish with design can run you $68. IMHO, this place is worth it. A quiet little heaven-on-earth salon to give you a break from the craziness of the city every once in a while? I say treat yo’ self.
Pro tip: When you call to book your appointment, ask for Cindy – she’s did an amazing job on my nails, and she’s so sweet!